Want to buy linen? We adore and personally use The White Company bedding.
Why’s that? In our opinion, The White Company bedding is elegant, of great quality, and the high thread count means the linen feels super comfortable and should help you get a good night’s sleep.
When it comes to bedding, and in fact all products sold by The White Company, they sell products that are durable, high quality, and timeless. You’ll never get bored of this linen.
In this article, we’ll go through:
- An overview of The White Company
- The 5 key reasons we love The White Company Linen
- Our favorite The White Company linen set
- What other products we love from The White Company
Arming you with the information you need to make the right choice about your bedding and homewares.
What does the White Company UK sell?
Just about everything that I love!
It’s a British linen and homeware brand. White Company stores are found all over the world.
The White Company is a great way for you to get fantastic quality bed sheets and other household items.
At the White Company, we love:
- Luxurious White Company bedding
- Gorgeously scented candles
- Simple flat sheets
- Fluffy bath towels
- Cute nursery accessories
All in white or shades thereof. Their website shows you the full range of what’s on offer; it’s packed with design ideas.
Underlining the quality of the brand are its corporate links too. Hotels and restaurants worldwide stock The White Company’s towels, linens, and toiletries. British Airways, the bastion of sophistication in air travel, is a significant customer.
Finding a White Company store is unnecessary as they provide international shipping, including right here in Hong Kong.
5 reasons why we love The White Company linen
Here at SavvyinHK, we’re not about looking for the cheapest products. Instead, we prefer products that are high-quality, long-lasting, and offer good value.
There are 5 key reasons why we love the White Company linen:
- High thread count; generally, above 200-thread-count
- Super comfortable cotton; The White Company linen is often made from percale cotton which is both cool and soft
- Impeccably stylish and elegant; the white-colored linen with elegant trimming never goes out of style
- The pillowcases have extra-wide borders which helps to make a bed look much more elegant
- Machine washable and easy to iron
Vegan Diet FAQs
Our favorite White Company Linen / Bedding Set
Design and quality are my watchwords – have you noticed? So, I’m a huge fan of the Arles range from The White Company. It suits my Hong Kong home perfectly.
It’s got an elegant white look with just a touch of something extra with the embroidered trim and the Oxford-style pillowcases. At 400 thread count and made with percale cotton, it keeps my bed cool and soft.
Key features of The White Company Arles Linen Range:
- 100% cotton percale
- Made in Vietnam
- Machine washable
- Duvet cover – button fastenings
- Duvet and Oxford pillowcase made with extra border beyond the edge seam.
What you need to know about the White Company linen
The White Company only sells white or slightly off-white products.
Yes, white is pure and elegant.
But if you just want a splash of color for a summer’s evening or to brighten the home during heavy rains, you won’t find this at the White Company.
All you’re getting here is white, white, and more white with interesting trims and delicate details. For added splashes of color, you could consider buying throws or other fabrics.
Other products we love from the White Company
We’re generally a big fan of products sold by the White Company, but if we had to limit our favorite items to just a couple, it would be the following products. Read on to find out what other products we love from the White Company and what is so good about them.
1. The White Company Towels
The bath towels are something else, too. Everything is fluffy and looks so clean and fresh.
The Hydrocotton range has a little design detail of lines across each towel, and they dry super fast because of an innovative production technique. Jumping out of the shower and into one of these is gorgeous, for sure.
2. The White Company bath mats
We love the White Company bath mats because they are:
- Elegant; they will fit into just about any bathroom style
- Durable and hard-wearing
- Available in large sizes; these over-sized bathmats will instantly improve the appeal of any bathroom
3. The White Company candles
White Company candles are gorgeous and make for a lovely present, too. It can be hard to buy a present for someone else’s home, but when everything they sell is white, you know anything you pick will fit right in!
We love The White Company candles because they are:
- Great smelling; each with a distinct and unique smell
- Look elegant in any home
Our favorite is the calm candle. The mix of essential oils in this candle is so subtle but beautiful.
Key features of the Calm candle:
- Scent: Juniper Berry, Clary Sage & Ylang Ylang
- Peaceful & Comforting
- Herbal White Company Candle
- 140g (approximately 33 hours burn time)
- H9cm x W7.5cm x L7.5cm
What are the best smelling White Company candles?
In addition to the Calm candle, we also love:
- Fig Tree Candle: Luxurious. One of the best. It’s a combination of fig, tuberose, peach mixed together delicately with amber and cedarwood.
- Lime & Bay Signature Candle: Smells of a tropical garden, like tropical fruits laced with jasmine.
- Winter Botanical Candle: One of the prettiest candles they have; infused with real pieces of cinnamon, clove, and orange. This is a shop-stopper candle. Great all-year-round but even better as a Christmas present.
- Seychelles: Truly unique; combining bergamot, orange, coconut, jasmine, amber, and vanilla is a scent sure to delight.
- Verveine Candle: Smells of ripe oranges and lemons, this candle is fresh. The inspiration is Provence, sunshine, and happy times.
4. The White Company baby items
If you’re already making an order over £150 and thereby qualifying for free shipping, why don’t you hunt around for some extras? In addition to the fluffy towels, bath mats, and candles, we also love their baby items.
The White Company sells the most elegant and subdued baby gifts; forget about polka dots and neon pink. Instead, their baby color palette is muted; light greys, off-whites, dusty pinks, and light blues. Our favorite item is their baby blanket; elegant and versatile.
How much is delivery from the White Company to Hong Kong?
Buying from The White Company website is a nice experience. The site is simple and elegant, like the products they sell. Information about international shipping is really clear with no small print, either.
To ship your bed linen to Hong Kong is free for orders over £150 and only a fee of £20 below that. It’s worth buying in bulk if you want some of the candles, priced at around £20 – £35 each. You can even place one big order for you and your friends to make sure you buy enough for free delivery.
Why should I shop with The White Company?
The White Company produces truly beautiful items. They’re classy and elegant, made with high-quality fabrics that should last you many years.
After staying in a hotel on a business trip – I had a wonderful sleep because of the beautifully cool and soft bed linen, I googled the White Company.
Once I googled the name, this started my love of the White Company bedding and other products.
I’ve been buying my bed linen and other homewares from the White Company for more than 10 years now. I get the bedding sent directly to Hong Kong.
They really do hit all the buttons of great quality. Thread counts are at a minimum of 200. The White Company sells various kinds of cotton and cotton mixes and everything with luscious detailing.
What factors should I consider when buying bed linen?
As Hong Kongers, we do have places to go and buy bedding.
We could send you trudging off to Stanley Markets for new bedsheets, but then you’d hate us after a sweaty night on synthetic fabrics. Department stores aren’t much better – you’ll get cotton and all sorts of kitschy designs.
What is it we’re actually looking for? What makes bed linen good quality? For us, we believe it is thread count, cotton type, and design.
This is the all-important number when it comes to quality bed linen. It measures how many horizontal and vertical threads there are in a square inch of fabric. The higher, the better when it comes to cotton – more and thinner threads give you super soft bedding to snuggle into.
Cotton is cotton? No.
Although everything comes from the same cotton plant, there are different ways to spin, weave, and finish cotton that changes its characteristics.
Some of the common types of cotton for bed linen include:
- Percale cotton is tightly woven and light with a combed finish that makes it look smooth and elegant.
- Flannel is a type of cotton that gets woven and then brushed to produce a snug and comfy fabric.
- Cotton sateen is pure, tightly-woven cotton treated with lye and acid to give it a silky smooth finish; it looks wonderful draped over a bed.
What really makes great bedding is how it looks. For me, it’s about simplicity with small touches of something extra.
Fussy florals and big prints can date a home really easily, whereas, single-color linen tends to fit in more seamlessly into homes. I love clean, crisp, white bedding. It also reminds me of the luxury of a hotel, which is always nice!
In a hurry – not got much time?
Our White Company Top Picks
⭐ Best White Company Bedding Set – the Arles Range. Check current prices
⭐Best White Company Towels. This Egyptian Face Towel is something I would purchase time and time again! Learn more
⭐White Company candles are fab! Here’s our top pick! The Calm Candle
Are White Company candles vegan?
How long do White Company candles last?
What style is the White Company?
All of the White Company’s products including bedding and towels are high-quality – these are products that really last. I first found out about this company when I was wondering what brand the beautiful hotel bedsheets were. There’s a reason why high-end hotels like to use the White Company linen – and that’s because it is long-lasting and durable.
The White Company is not the cheapest option for buying bed linen, but once you realize the quality of the bed linen (In my experience, I have found that this bedlinen lasts for more than 10 years) – you will see the true value of the products.
Now, I only buy linen from the White Company.
Buying bedding online via the White Company’s website is easy; they have a seamless delivery service!
Don’t forget to make your order even more good value by ordering cute little extras like the White Company candles.
This article contains affiliate links meaning I may earn a small commission for select purchases.