Are you looking for where to buy home fitness equipment Hong Kong? We have your back.
The pandemic has certainly kick-started a trend of more people exercising at home. Looking at joining in? The first step involves having some home fitness equipment to get a great workout.
We know it is tricky to get the correct gear for each activity in your fitness session. But we give you the complete guide on where to get the best equipment, shoes, clothing, and other things for your wonderful experience in keeping fit at home or gym.
We’ve done the leg work to find the best places to source your fitness gear at prices that won’t raise your heartbeat. Unless you get really excited about a good value sports kit…
Getting the best home and gym fitness gear isn’t hard when you know the right places. Since we’ve got the inside track, we’ll share with you:
- What fitness items you should consider buying
- The best stores to buy fitness equipment in Hong Kong
- Our top picks for small effective gym equipment
- The best outdoor equipment
- Where to buy workout clothes
- The best large pieces of gym equipment
What should be on my list of fitness gym equipment in Hong Kong?
Getting fit and staying healthy is probably on most people’s to-do lists. It’s not all about being ripped. Having a strong cardiovascular system, keeping up running around after the kids, and maintaining your mental health are all great reasons to build exercise into your life.
Maybe you’re not down for paying gym subscriptions – although there are lots of free trials out there – or perhaps you’d rather not exercise around other people, or perhaps the gyms have been shut down again.
Whichever the case, worry not; you can still get a great workout at home. Invest in some kit, so you’re ready for whatever YouTube is going to throw at you.
The basic handy items to get your home ready for workouts are:
- A mirror – check your posture, know you’re following the steps properly, or get a great workout selfie. Either way, having a full-length mirror handy will be super useful.
- A yoga mat – even if you’re not a yogi, these mats are non-slip and really portable. You’ll be stable during your workout and only need to wash it down rather than mop the whole floor.
- Hand weights – versatile and can be built into lots of workouts to build more strength. Make your squats more challenging and give your jumping jacks a bigger boost
- Skipping rope – Cheap to buy and offering a great cardio workout, you can keep it simple or invest in ones that count your jumps.
If you’re looking to move behind these basic items, you might also want to consider the following fitness items:
- Barbells and dumbbells
- Heavy ropes
- Static bike
- Weight benches
- Weight machines
And whatever else works with your goals.
Where can I buy home fitness equipment in Hong Kong?
Today there are plenty of reasons to buy fitness equipment for your home. Perhaps going to the gym every day may not suit your lifestyle, but more importantly, when gyms are closed, it’s great to have an alternative way to work-out. Plus, there are so many great fitness apps that even if you have a little bit of gym equipment, it can make working out more effective.
- Decathalon: Arguably one of the best fitness stores in Hong Kong; with both physical stores and an online platform, they are among the largest suppliers of home fitness equipment in the city. They stock equipment for more than 70 indoor and outdoor activities. They are also economical and provide a complete sports kit at a budget price.They have physical stores in Central, Mong Kok, Kowloon Bay, Causeway Bay, and TKO. At Decathalon, you should find plenty of smaller sized equipment (unless they’ve already sold out), and they also stock larger machines like cross trainers, incline benches, and indoor fitness bikes. They offer delivery and also a pickup option.
- HKTV Mall: is an e-commerce company that provides a good sports gear shopping experience. They also partner with different retail chains for pickup service. We’ve reviewed HKTV mall before here. At HKTV mall, you’ll find plenty of equipment. This is an excellent option if you’re looking for actually fitness machines.
- Escapade Sports: is a great option for home fitness equipment. Also, to the variety, one of the best things about shopping in-store at Escapade Sports is they have experts who can help guide you towards a perfect choice. Though they don’t stock the most popular brands, they offer you a professional look. They have stores in Central, Causeway Bay, and Repulse Bay.
- 3xBands: great things come in small packages. 3xBands offers all the fitness equipment you could need for circuit training. Right now, they are offering free shipping on all international orders over US$98. They sell items from learner T-bands, advanced A-bands to extreme X-bands.
- Nutro One: if you’re serious about weights, check out Nutro One. They sell plenty of weight-related products to fit out a home gym, including a large variety of squat racks. Interested in powerlifting? Check out our guide on Sophia Khan’s powerlifting journey.
I just want to buy some small effective gym equipment, what should I buy?
Before splurging on a treadmill, which you probably don’t have space for, how about you consider spicing up your workouts with the following items?
Our top picks are both in terms of size and the equipment’s quality, and the equipment’s effectiveness.
- Pushup stands: These pushup stands allow you to rotate slightly, which helps activate your muscles further, building strength in your shoulders, back, chest, and abs.
- URBN fit exercise ball is a great investment for your home exercise. It’s very sturdily made and is great for core-strengthing exercises, with plenty of YouTube workouts focusing on this piece of equipment.
- An abs roller is another piece to help work on your core strength, helping you tone your abs and work off calories.
What’s the best outdoor fitness equipment for adults?
Hong Kong has plenty of urban parks kicking around. If your apartment is tiny, or even if you just want to enjoy exercising outside, you can consider taking the following equipment to your local park:
- Good running shoes for doing interval training up and down stairs
- A suspension trainer (used in TRX classes)
- Agility ladder
- Skipping rope
Hong Kong parks generally include some outdoor gym equipment for adults to use. The equipment available might not be exactly what you’re looking for, but be creative.
You can even use normal park furniture in your work out – think park benches for dips. Plus, bodyweight exercises and other workout options are made easy with your local gym equipment in the park; head over to the park with your yoga mat and start doing burpees, pushups, and mountain climbers.
Where can I buy workout clothes in Hong Kong?
Cotton On has an activewear section dedicated to inexpensive women’s sporting fashion for shorts, women’s fitness wears, bras, and other gears for sport and athleisure.
Another great option for fitness apparel is Lululemon: yes, we know the items aren’t cheap, but the pieces certainly do last, which drastically reduces your price per wear. This is a great option for buying flattering leggings, sports bras, yoga mats, and water bottles. Lululemon is in multiple locations in the city, making them ideal for visiting with no distance issues.
If you’re looking for a good deal, check out Sneaker Street, which is home to various sports gears.
I have plenty of space at home; what are some of the bigger pieces of gym equipment I can consider?
You can consider these 3 items:
- Weight training kit: experts and coaches make this of fitness training. It is a complete kit with dumbbells, bars, and discs to strengthen the entire body. It works for biceps, triceps, deltoids, pectorals, shoulder, neck, lower body, and back.
- Reinforced flat/incline weight benches: these benches can be tilted at different angles, easy to move, and comfortable because of the thick foam.
- Exercise bikes: this bike has smooth pedaling and monitors calories, distance, time, speed, and heart rate. Get yourself into perfect shape while watching Netflix.
I want to do more hiking; where can I buy high-quality hiking shoes?
Head on over to APA Outdoor Shop. Don’t expect to pick up a set of dumbbells here, but they have a great selection if you want hiking shoes. They also have other outdoor sporting goods items, including paddleboards, duffel bags, tents, and windbreakers.
With such limited space in apartments, it’s not easy to create an environment in Hong Kong where you can enjoy regular fitness sessions either at home or in a park. In addition to limited space, we are all used to having plenty of gym options in Hong Kong. But of course, now Hong Kong has been hit with the fourth wave of COVID-19 cases, and we all need to be prepared.
If you want to have fitness equipment at home, we hope you are now better positioned to get your hands on some great and affordable fitness equipment.
We hope this article helps you to move a step closer to a better you. If we’ve missed out on any good tips on buying fitness equipment in Hong Kong or the best fitness equipment stores, please share your tips in the comments below. 2020 has been a crazy year, and we all need help trying to keep on the right track and stay fit.
If you’re looking to learn more about fitness in Hong Kong, check out: Hong Kong Ultimate Fitness Guide.
This article contains affiliate links meaning I may earn a small commission for select purchases.