We all want to live our best, healthy life and The Store HK is here to help.
The Store HK is a veritable cornucopia of whole food, healthy snack, organic delights. What’s more, they deliver direct to your door, so there’s no sacrificing your yoga time.
The selection of vegan, gluten-free, and keto-friendly goods also makes The Store Hong Kong a great find for anyone with specific dietary needs.
Clearly, here at SavvyinHK, we love what The Store HK does. There’s so much going for the place, more than the health foods you land there for.
Let’s take a look at:
- How the The Store started out
- The 5 key reasons we love The Store HK
- Our favorite products on offer at The Store
- A rundown of some of the exclusive brands you’ll find at The Store Hong Kong.
- How the delivery process works
So you know where to turn for all your health food and environmentally friendly lifestyle needs.
What is The Store Hong Kong all about?
When Ben Stocker moved to Hong Kong, he struggled to continue his healthy, eco-friendly life on the same terms as before. He was dismayed by not only the prices of the health food but also the limited supply of health food available in Hong Kong.
Being an enterprising kind of guy, he quit his day job as a banker and set up The Store Hong Kong – the ultimate health food store for Hong Kong.
The Store HK aims to give great prices, with 25-50% discounts on retail prices. Their products are very purposely chosen with the environment in mind – a low carbon footprint and upcycled packaging are a priority, and shipping is done by sea to cut the carbon footprint further.
The team aims to bring “affordable, high-quality nutrition” to everyone in Hong Kong and make it as convenient as everything else in this buzzing metropolis.
Sounds good to us!
5 Reasons we love the Store HK
We’ve got a lot of love for this place, for sure. If you’re not yet convinced, here are the reasons why we’re into The Store Hong Kong:
1. Everything is shipped by sea
The Store doesn’t use air freight. This makes for a more sustainable delivery method – Airplanes give off 500 grams of carbon dioxide for every metric tone moved each kilometer, compared to 10-40 grams for the same weight and distance shipped by sea.
2. Their stock range is huge
They sell brands from all over the world that you’ll already be familiar with – there will be no shocks with what you buy. Look out for the brands you love from the UK, Australia, New Zealand, and more. Brands they sell include Amazonia, Bulletproof, Orgain, Sunwarrior, and Vega.
3. Deliveries are super-fast.
Store HK schedules three drops around the city each day – so no other shop comes close. Your order can land at your home or office within four hours in many circumstances, so you can order in the gluten-free flour on your lunch break and be baking with the kids when you get home.
4. It’s a Hong Kong-based business
By supporting the Store HK, you’re supporting employment and commerce right here, rather than relying on international companies to ship to you.
Remember the shipping delays we’ve had during the pandemic? Buying locally can help alleviate concerns with potential delays with your order.
5. The prices are great
The Store takes pride in being the cheapest option for high-quality goods. We’ve pitched it against iHerb for you to check out below:
|Dymatize ISO 100 Whey Protein Isolate – Gourmet Chocolate 1.6lb||$234||$245.28||Nearly 5%|
|Navitas Organics Organic Cacao Butter – Plant-Based Superfood 8oz||$94||$97.69||Nearly 4%|
|Women’s Health – Ultivite Women’s Multivitamin 120 tablets||$302||$310.38||Nearly 3%|
The Store HK sells a wide variety of brands.
They sell some well-known brands at the lowest prices in Hong Kong. They also go looking for products that are missing from the Hong Kong market and partner with brands that you won’t find easily elsewhere in Hong Kong.
Three examples of these are:
Navitas Organics creates superfoods with an ethical slant, supporting cacao farmers in Sierra Leone and goji berry pickers in Tibet. Although you can find the brand elsewhere online in Hong Kong, the prices at The Store can’t be beaten – for 227g of Acai powder, you’ll pay $226, compared to $299 we saw elsewhere.
This is a brand of vegan skincare products sold at The Store; their products contain no sulfates, parabens, mineral oils, formaldehyde and is cruelty-free. When you look elsewhere in Hong Kong for the brand, you’ll find it for $178 for the 50ml Incredibly Clear Mattifying Moisturizer, whilst it’s just $98 from The Store, an incredible saving.
This dog food brand is vegan-based, making it sustainable for the planet and great for your pooch who can avoid allergens. At The Store, you pay $240 for a 4lb bag of clean kibble, whilst elsewhere we found it for exactly twice the price at $480 and takes five to eight days to ship.
Want to know more about the best organic dog food in Hong Kong? Check out our guide on buying organic dog food.
Our favorite 5 products and brands you can get at The Store Hong Kong
It’s super easy to search for items on the website. As you start typing your search term, you get a useful batch of directly relevant items before you even finish your query.
Here’s what lands in our virtual shopping basket whenever we head on over there.
We love it because:
- Bulletproof is all about high performance, and The Store has the exclusive rights to sell the brand in Hong Kong.
- They do a whole range of supplements, with great dietary additions if you’re doing keto.
What to buy:
- Check out the C8 MCT oil that should give you a boost of high-energy fats and help your body produce ketones.
- Need cream in your coffee even when you’re doing keto? Bulletproof has a keto creamer that hits the spot.
- If you’re more into your iced coffees, they have 12 cans of cold-brew lattes that can land directly at your office for that kick you need.
2. Orgain protein products
We love it because:
- The brand was created by a doctor who is also a cancer survivor that understands the value of healthy, organic living.
- Everything from Orgain is natural and food-based and was initially thought up in Dr. Andrew Abraham’s kitchen.
- We’re big fans of the organic, plant-based protein powders that Orgain is known for.
What to buy:
- We love the chocolate fudge-flavored Organic Protein Powder with Superfoods that’s soy, gluten, and GMO-free and only $342 for 2.02lbs.
- For a quick protein hit when you’ve not got time to whip up a smoothie, order 12 peanut butter, and chocolate Plant Protein Bars.
- Have Orgain Vegan Protein Shakes on hand in the fridge.
Read our in-depth reviews of the best plant-based protein powders.
3. The whole keto collection at The Store Hong Kong
We love it because:
- There are pages and pages of keto-friendly options at The Store.
- Hong Kong can be a huge challenge if you’re following the keto diet, and these guys just go and make it super easy for you.
What to buy:
- Low-carb diets can leave you craving snacks, so having Fat Snax Low Carb Lemony Lemon Cookies on hand will keep you from the temptation to reach for the crisps.
- Nutpod’s Non-Diary Hazelnut Creamer is useful to have in the fridge.
4. Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free products at The Store HK
We love it because:
- Bob’s Red Mill caters to a whole range of dietary needs and makes being gluten-intolerant easy with superb alternatives.
- They understand restrictions and how careful you might need to be with gluten – they even have a dedicated gluten-free production facility!
What to buy:
- Your gluten-free baking needs are all taken care of, with gluten-free Chocolate Cake Mix, Bread Mix, and even a Pizza Crust Mix.
- Almond flour, coconut flour, and oat flour are on hand, too, so you don’t need to deal with as many restrictions as before and can still indulge in your favorite recipes.
5. Moon cups
We love it because:
- Moon cups, or diva cups, are the future of your period. It might not be a health food – please don’t try to eat one! – but they definitely work with The Store’s ethos of doing right by the environment.
- If you’re not familiar with the concept, a moon cup is used to collect your menstrual blood and reused each month.
What to buy:
- The Organic Initiative has three sizes of menstrual cups available at The Store Hong Kong.
- If you’re not sure which to go for, start out with the medium; you’re not going to regret making the change!
Health supplements at The Store HK
Along with the solutions to your healthy diet needs, there are lots of vitamin and mineral supplements available at The Store HK.
The supplements you need will depend on your lifestyle and what you struggle to get in your natural diet. Here are some useful ones to check out:
- Swisse’s Ultivite Men’s Multivitamin supports the immune system and can boost muscle and heart function, too.
- Natural Factors Big Friends Multi-Vitamin & Minerals in Jungle Berry flavor ensure that your little ones get the extra vitamins they need to grow strong and healthy
How do deliveries work at The Store HK?
For orders at The Store HK over $450, you get free, same-day delivery across most of Hong Kong. It’s a great offer, and the details are as follows.
First, you need to place your order before 2 pm for home delivery or before 11.30 am if you want it to get to your office before you leave for the day. This applies all across Hong Kong Island, Kowloon, and New Territories.
All other areas get next-day delivery as long as you get it in before 2.30 pm, except remote areas which The Store Hong Kong classes as
- Discovery Bay
- Ma Wan
- Lamma Island
- Cheung Chau
- South Lantau
- Chek Lap Kok
What countries does The Store Hong Kong deliver to?
- Not only does The Store Hong Kong deliver to Hong Kong, but they now also deliver to Taiwan, Singapore, and Malaysia.
- When you’re placing an order, simply select your shipping country at the checkout page; shipping fees for other countries will vary.
FAQs about The Store HK
What are the benefits of protein powder shakes?
Protein shakes are reported to have a range of benefits. Your body needs protein to grow and regenerate, so extra protein in your diet can boost your muscle development during your exercise regime.
Other reported health and weight loss benefits of protein powder shakes include:
– Reducing your hunger and appetite, including your desire to snack so much
– Increasing your metabolism, so your body burns through the fuel to give it faster
– Losing belly fat by increasing your overall protein intake
– Preventing muscle loss when you’re on rest days or a break from training
What are the benefits of following a keto diet?
The keto diet is high in fats and low in carbohydrates. It’s designed to stop your body from burning glucose for its energy and start to burn fat stores, a process that is known as ketosis.
The change in food intake may also have positive effects on your LDL or good cholesterol levels, could reduce your overall blood sugar levels, and has been tested to see if it may even reduce your blood pressure.
What is organic food?
“Organic food” has come to refer to foods that have been produced without man-made chemicals, although this doesn’t mean pesticides aren’t used. The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) has an organic certification that means “certified to have grown on soil that had no prohibited substances applied for three years prior to harvest. … Prohibited substances include most synthetic fertilizers and pesticides.
Food can only be called “organic” if it is produced according to organic standards throughout production, handling, processing, and marketing stages and certified by a certification body or authority of the country of origin. For planting, the use of chemical pesticides and fertilizers is avoided,” according to the Hong Kong government.
If you’ve got specific concerns about a certain pesticide or process your food might go through, you should check which certification a brand has and check if it covers what you need.
Life in this part of the world definitely has its perks but there are definitely challenges. When you were a newbie to Hong Kong, you may have noticed that there aren’t so many places that sell a wide range of high-quality health food.
Sure, you can get lean chicken breasts and rice crackers galore, but the little things you could grab from Whole Foods or Holland & Barrett aren’t quite so easy. When you do find whole nuts and peanut butter with no additives, you generally pay through the nose.
This is why we love The Store Hong Kong so much; the best health food brands from around the globe at great prices.
- How to follow a gluten-free life in Hong Kong
- The 10 Best Plant-Based Protein Powders Hong Kong
- Keto Diet 101- Hong Kong Guide
This article contains affiliate links meaning I may earn a small commission for select products.