Got an event to plan and looking for event management companies? If so, you’ve come to the right place.
Planning events requires knowledge, preparation, and some serious multitasking skills. If you need an event produced within budget, hiring an event planning company can make a lot of sense.
Here at SavvyinHK, we are not afraid to pay for expert help. Experts can often make your life a lot easier and they can use their personal networks and experience to produce superior results.
The 5 key benefits of using events management companies
- Access to better pricing
- Saves time
- Quality event with a proven format
- Increased creativity
- Will enable you to stick to a budget
Looking to learn more about what using events management companies? In this article, we will explore which events you can consider outsourcing to an events management company and more.
What do events management companies do?
Event management companies will deliver an event based on the brief and budget provided by the client. Of course, an event management company needs to ensure that every aspect of the event is ready by the deadline.
Generally, an events management company will be responsible for taking care of all aspects related to an event including:
- Securing the venue
- Organizing catering
- Helping to select the event theme
- Coordinating all vendors that might be required including photographers, entertainment, and guest speakers
- Complying with health and safety regulations
- Onsite management during the event
- Crisis management at the event
What does it take to succeed in events management?
A good events management company tend to employ people with the following skills:
- Listening skills: People that can listen and understand the needs of the client.
- Flexible: Once an event planner has a thorough understanding of the brief, they need to be flexible in order to create an event that matches a brief.
- Good communicators: The client will need to be informed of the status of preparations as well as informed of any potential problems that arise.
- Strong interpersonal skills: People working for an event management company will constantly need to communicate with multiple vendors.
- Strong organizational skills: It’s hard to deliver a high-quality event if key elements of the party are missing or sub-standard. Planning events takes a tremendous amount of organizational skills and planning.
What are the benefits of using an event management company?
The 5 key benefits of using an events management company are:
- Better pricing: events management companies will have relationships with hotels, restaurants, and other vendors. This means they will likely be able to negotiate better rates on your behalf.
- Saves time: If you use an events management company your workload should be limited to a few key decisions such as agreeing to the date and location. Once you’ve given a brief of your event over to the events management company, you can let the late nights and headaches go to them.
- Proven formats: let’s face it, like all experts, event planners will know what works and what doesn’t.
- Creative ideas: event planners should be able to suggest some inexpensive ideas for your event that add the “wow” factor.
- Sticking to budget: event planners will have an understanding of all the costs involved as well as the possible variances. They will ensure that your event comes in within budget.
A quality events management company in Hong Kong
If you’re looking to host a quality event we recommend Diet Events; it’s a local company run by locals that have a reputation for producing creative events within budget.
To find out more about Diet Events click here.
Now let’s talk about what this article will cover:
- What event management companies do
- What does a good event management company look like?
- What are the benefits of using an events management company?
What are the services offered by event management companies?
Generally, the types of events that companies such as DIET Events can assist with include:
- Corporate events and galas
- Theme parties & special occasion parties
- Wedding planning
- Team building activities
- Product launches and service launches
- Destination events for visiting groups to Hong Kong
- Retreats and off-site events
- Culinary arts experiences
Event Management – Types of Events
Corporate events and galas
A corporate event is any event that is organized or funded by a business entity.
Corporate events often have a social element that gives people an opportunity to get to know each other in a relaxed environment. But corporate events can also be organized to incentivize, reward, educate or motivate people.
A corporate gala is generally a glitzy, black-tie affair that begins with a cocktail reception. Often entertainment will be provided, and food and drinks are in abundance.
I don’t have any hard evidence but sometimes it feels like Hong Kong is the theme-party capital of the world! Theme parties never go out of style in Hong Kong and are popular for all types of events from kids’ birthday parties to anniversary celebrations.
If you decide to throw a theme party, you may as well fully commit and go out. You’ll need to consider many different aspects including the invitations, entertainers, food, and beverages.
Each element can help to bring your theme to life. If you’re serious about your theme party, consider hiring an events management firm to give your event a professional feel.
Weddings are important events so many people hire a professional to help them design, plan and manage the entire wedding process. When you are deciding on a wedding planner, you can expect to interview multiple planners to find one that suits your style.
Be ready to answer questions on:
- number of expected attendees
- food preferences
Once you’ve hired a wedding planner, you can leave so much of the detail to them including the hiring of all the vendors, event day coordination, scouting venues, and more.
Team building activities
Team building activities can help to break the ice between a group of people. These types of events create an environment whereby people feel at ease and are more willing to take the time to get to know each other.
Effective team-building activities can help to foster better relationships between a group of people who are often diverse in terms of culture, background, and style.
The types of teams building activities that Diet Events can deliver include:
- Mountain biking
- Dragon boating
- Treasure hunts
- Virtual team building activities
Product launches and service launches
A well-executed event will help to launch a new product or service into the market, creating enthusiasm and a buzz.
Destination management company for visiting groups
People living outside of Hong Kong will find it quite overwhelming to have to organize an event here in Hong Kong SAR, Macau, or Mainland China. Issues such as being familiar with the culture, locations, or pricing will make it that much harder to organize a high-quality event.
A good quality event management company will ensure success by:
- Taking complete care of hotels and all necessary vendors
- Looking after all the small details
- Keeping in mind pandemic measures and ensuring that all necessary precautions are undertaken
- Taking care of all dietary requirements
Retreat management and off-site events
Looking to create a relaxed mood for employees? Want people to see their colleagues in a new light?
If you’re wanting to create stronger bonds between colleagues, then management retreats or off-site events can be a great option.
Successful management retreats and successful offsites in Hong Kong can be created by combining:
- Outdoor activities
- Fabulous food (a combination of Western and Asian food).
- Opportunities to enjoy the stunning views of Victoria Harbour.
- Special hampers & gifts (personalized).
Culinary arts experiences
If you’re wanting to create an event where food takes center stage, you can consider hiring an events management company to help you create events such as:
- Shopping for fresh ingredients
- Cooking classes
- Enjoying some of Hong Kong’s best private chefs in the most interesting of locations.
FAQs about events management companies
What are the key considerations of theme parties?
– Invitation; the invitation can provide your guests with a hint of what is to come
– Entertainment; the entertainers that you feature should again be in keeping with the theme of your party
– Decor; the decor is critical – this is what will help to create the right atmosphere for your theme party
– Food and drinks; the menu will provide a great way to incorporate the theme.
– Activities; you might want to include some activities that incorporate your theme.
What at the key steps involved in wedding planning?
– Choose a wedding date
– Think about the budget and decide if you are going to hire a wedding planner to help you
– Select the wedding party
– Create a wedding website
– Explore & decide on ceremony and reception venue options
– Start hiring your team of wedding pros; photographer, videographer, caterer, florist, and musicians.
– Think about your theme; create wedding and style boards on Pinterest
– Send out save the date cards
– Organize a gift registry
– Enjoy the day!
What are the 5 Cs of event management?
Stage 1 – Concept
This is the first step of event management; an event is unlikely to succeed unless the original concept is good. Think about the feeling that you’d like to achieve for the event; elegant, relaxed, or hip? Once you have a good idea about the “feel” you can start to make all the key decisions about the event.
Stage 2 – Coordination
Once you have created an image of the event, you will need to get busy doing all the coordination work to see your vision come to life. You’ll need to decide on a date and the venue. Next, you’ll need to book all necessary vendors. You’ll also need to delegate tasks to team members.
Stage 3 – Control
Having a high level of control over an event will help to ensure that the day runs smoothly. Make sure the venue is large enough to hold the expected guest and make sure there is enough space for the catering company.
Stage 4 – Culmination
“Culmination” refers to the day of the event. This is the day that is effectively the culmination of all the proceeding work and effort. You might have spent a lot of time preparing before an event but no day is more important than the day of the event itself.
During the event, you’ll need to ensure that the schedule is being closely followed. You might have to problem-solve issues that suddenly pop up. Check that the guests are having a good time and not thirsty, hungry, or uncomfortable. Of course, communicate with the client and be prepared to carry out any of their requests.
Stage 5 – Closeout
Even when an event has ended, there is work to be done. Post-event work includes:
– Ensure all vendors are paid
– Provide feedback to your team members. Were there any issues that could have been dealt with better? Learn from each experience and endeavor to make improvements for the next event.
– Proactively seek feedback about your event from vendors, entertainment providers, and your client.
Which is a good events management company in Hong Kong?
DIET Events has been organizing events in Hong Kong for more than 20 years. Run by Charu Surtani, this event company has experience doing a wide range of events.
DIET Events is known for producing events that are:
– Within budget
What is MICE planning?
MICE planning is a niche type of event planning related to the planning, booking of large organized MICE events.
Meetings, Incentives, Conferences, and Exhibitions (MICE) is a type of tourism in which large groups of people with shared common goals or interests are meeting in one venue. Normally, these types of events are planned well in advance.
What do MICE event planners help with?
Planning large events such as MICE events takes a huge amount of work. With so many people involved, preparation needs to be meticulous. MICE event planners will help with:
– Concepts for events – creative consulting
You might have only the most basic of ideas when it comes to an event you need to be planned but a good event planner will be able to take these tiny ideas and come up with creative ideas that wow and inspire.
– Designing an event – 3D visualization
Event planners can use 3D visualization to help give their clients a real-life representation of how an event will look. This technique can make the decision-making process significantly easier.
– Event styling – LED light setup
Lighting can have a huge impact on the mood of an event. Not only does good lighting help to improve the overall ambiance of an event but it can help photographers to take better photos.
– Event management app
These days, no corporate event is complete without a proper event management app. With event management apps, you can just click to find out the bio of the next speaker or the location of your next meeting.
With vaccine distributions underway, hopefully, we will all be able to enjoy an increased number of events here in Hong Kong.
If you’re the one in charge of organizing an event, there are many benefits to hiring a professional events management company. These benefits include ensuring that the event is delivered within budget and guests are happy.
DIET Events is an events management company in Hong Kong that has been doing event planning for more than 20 years; reach out to them for a quote.